Sunday, October 5, 2014

Spending time with family

It is important to spend time with our families to reinforce those relations that are eternal. This weekend has been really great. The reason is because I got engaged to a wonderful man that makes me very happy. I met him ten years ago when I came here to the USA. After a year, we got married in the temple. Unfortunately, I decided to get divorce because so many things happened that I did not know how to handle. The main reason that the divorce happened is because I was not putting God first in my life. I was not spending time to read the scriptures, pray together, spend time etc... I was worried about other things instead to focus in my marriage and the willing of the Lord. However, after eight moths  I got divorced I wanted to change my life. As soon I decided to do the small things I realized that I still want to be with him. So, I talked to him ( Jorge) about my feelings. We decided to start dating again. Meanwhile, we were praying and fasting and going to the temple to know is the right thing to get back together and start a new life. We felt really good about it. Therefore, this weekend he proposed me. From this experience I learned to be strong spiritually and spend time with him and not worry about money as much. The lord will provide if we are doing our part. Also, this weekend was special because we enjoyed general conference. This time of the year makes me happy because I want to be edify through the spirit. I highly recommend  to ponder all of the messages that we listened to. These messages will help us to be better disciples of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Inma, I really appreciated your post because of the strength I saw you show in your experience. I see that you have learned to focus on the Lord more in your relationship and because of that you now know that is what it will take to make your marriage grow stronger in time. I am grateful that you shared that with us, it really touched my heart. My husband and I have not been married long, and we are trying to learn how to be able to make our marriage strong and closer to God. Do you have any other suggestions for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inma you have an incredible story! Thank you for sharing. We have to be willing to allow the Lord to come in and change our hearts if we want Him to make a difference in our lives, and you found the strength to do just that. What an example you are! I'm sure it was not an easy path, but you have learned from it and that is the beauty of this life. How else has the Lord changed your life? How can this experience help you to help others?

    ReplyDelete